16-19 Bursary Fund and Free School Meals
The 16-19 Bursary Fund and Free School Meals scheme can provide financial support to help some students in their learning. Schools are responsible for awarding bursaries to students, deciding the amounts, dates of payments and setting conditions that students should meet in order to receive payments.
Please note that the information below may be subject to change following guidance from the Education and Funding Agency. Any changes will be updated on our website.
The Bursary scheme is made up of two parts:
1. A payment of £1,200 to a small group of the most vulnerable students who fall into one of the following categories:
- Young people who are, or who have recently been, looked after children in the care of the Local Authority or foster parents
- Young people who receive Income Support or Universal Credit in their own name
- Disabled young people in receipt of both Employment Support Allowance and either Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment in their own name.
2. Half-termly discretionary payments awarded to students with successful applications. Applications will only be successful if students are in receipt of free school meals OR if total household assessed income is £21,000 or below, including Tax Credits, and the student provides sufficient indication of how the funds are to be spent.
To qualify for Free School Meals parents/carers should be in receipt of one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- The “Guaranteed” element of the State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (you will need to apply directly to the school not Bradford Council)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit.
If you think you are eligible to apply for Free School Meals please visit:
If you think you are eligible to apply for the 16-19 Bursary please collect an application pack from the Sixth Form Office. The deadline for applications to be returned is 30 September; applications received after this date will be considered but will not be backdated.
Year Group Launch Evenings
Our Year Group launch events begin next Wednesday with the Yr 9 event. These events give parent/carers and students an overview of the year ahead and a chance to meet your Heads of Year as well as other key staff...Read more >>
It's School Photo Day for students in Years 7-12 on Thursday (12th Sept)! Information on how to purchase these phot… https://t.co/WML6E9h55e
10 September 2019, 15:54
A bright (some said drizzly, I say exciting) start to the week as I visited @bingleygrammar this morning to hear mo… https://t.co/QorTtoNbsR
09 September 2019, 13:30
Welcome back everyone! It's lovely to see our students returning after the summer break - let's welcome our new Yea… https://t.co/TXItkZhBrt
05 September 2019, 08:47
Our Year Group Launch Evenings begin next Wednesday with the Yr 9 event. These events give parent/carers and studen… https://t.co/ncT36nSu4D
04 September 2019, 15:21
Year 7's First Day! Our new Year 7s are settling in really well and beginning to find their way around. Click the l… https://t.co/UgsNgIJM0C
04 September 2019, 14:30
(3 of 3) All other Year groups are back to school as normal on Thursday morning. Enjoy the last day of the holiday… https://t.co/IJNrEs47vG
03 September 2019, 17:22