Family Health Services -
Bradford District Care Foundation Trust nursing service is an external provider available for students and parents of Bingley Grammar School. The nurses from Keighley, Shipley, Bingley, Ilkley and Keighley are employed by the NHS and visit school regularly.
They are based at two hubs, Strong Close Nursery in Keighley and the Owlet Family Centre in Shipley. The nurses work within an integrated team of Health and Local Authority partners including Health visitors and Early Help/Prevention workers.
The Nursing Team provides a confidential service which includes:
- Providing you with health advice and support
- Encouraging and enabling you to adopt a healthy lifestyle to protect you against disease
- Promoting your confidence, self-esteem and mental health well-being
- Providing information on a range of health related issues such as diet, healthy eating, bullying, stopping smoking, sexual health and contraception, special needs and emotional or behavioural problems
- Protecting you from preventable diseases by immunisations
- Assessing your individual needs, offering health advice and making referrals to other services if necessary
- Training and support to school staff so that they can help children and young people who may need medication during the school day
- Planning, developing and delivering public health programmes relevant to the needs of children and families within Bradford and Airedale
Who is this service for?
Children and young people of school age and their parents/carers, including children in special schools, Pupil Referral Units (PRU), special provision and also Education staff.
If you would like advice or support about your child's health or development, or you would like to know more about our service, please contact your child's school nurse through their school or alternatively ring them directly:
School Nurse Team Leader
Tel: 01274 221203