Thank you to everyone who is helping to keep our school community as safe as possible by completing home testing and staying away from school if a student or a member of their household has symptoms. Please could we make you aware of or remind you about the following:
1. Home LFD tests are only to be used for asymptomatic (no symptoms) testing
2. Home LFD tests should be completed on Wednesdays and Sundays and results should be logged in testregister.co.uk and to the NHS
3. LFD tests must not be used if someone has symptoms. If someone has symptoms, they need to have a PCR test. These can be booked online (https://www.gov.uk/get-
4. LFD tests cannot be accepted as proof of a negative test if someone has had symptoms. For students to return to school, we need a screenshot of the NHS PCR test result or for the NHS PCR test result to be forwarded to covidresultsstudent@
5. If your child has Covid-19 symptoms, you will be asked to arrange a PCR test for them and they cannot return until this negative test result has been sent to us, even if they are feeling better.
Please may we remind you of our procedures if a student or a member of their household presents with Covid-19 symptoms and/or tests positive for Covid-19:
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are a high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you have any of these symptoms, get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) to check if you have coronavirus and stay at home until you get your result, even if the symptoms are mild.
When notifying us of Covid-19 test results please only email the following:
Now we have returned to school and face to face lessons, all lesson resources will be posted on GoogleClassroom and homework on ClassCharts.
This means that all the students in the class will be able to see the lesson. We are doing this to try and make sure that the work students complete at home is as aligned as possible with what is being covered at school.
Teachers are teaching a full timetable to students in school so lessons could be posted before, during or after a lesson dependent on the teachers’ commitments and what is needed to be posted.
Where possible we are providing an audio stream of the lessons being delivered in Years 11, 12 and 13.
For ClassCharts login support email your Head of Year/Student Support Officer.
For Google login support email techsupport@
Mr Atkinson and Mrs Dean are issuing regular updates via email to parent/carers including information on staying 'SAFE' in school, face coverings and uniform. The situation nationally and locally is changing frequently so if required a mid-week update will also be issued. If you are not receiving emails from school please contact us to let us know your email address. Mr Atkinson's and Mrs Dean's updates can also be viewed on the school website in the News Articles section.
Bradford Council are offering parents and carers a free online course showing us how to support the mental wellbeing of our children and young people at home. Click the link for more information: