Advantages of cashless catering include:
- Speed up service at meal times, reduce queuing times
- Removal of Free School Meal stigma as the source of funding is concealed
- Parents able to monitor what is being eaten and that money is being spent appropriately
- Ability for parents to make on-line payments, removing the need for cash in school
- Specific food allergy ingredients can be barred automatically
- Ability to develop a reward system to encourage healthy eating
Adding Money onto the Account:
For your convenience and to assist us in our administration of the service and prevent the need for cash in school, we have a preferred method of payment on-line via a web based payment system (Parent Pay – login details will be provided to parents as soon as possible)
Another advantage of paying for your child’s food by Parent Pay is that the money can only be used to buy food and drink in school and you can also keep an eye on what they are buying.
Cash payments can be made via the PayPoint network at convenience stores, please contact Mr Vasey to arrange if required: email@example.com
Free School Meals
Students entitled to free school meals will have the amount allocated for the free school meal credited to their account in the system on a daily basis (this amount is currently £2.35).
Information for Parents/Carers
The system is also able to provide you with a report detailing each item of food served, and each credit made to the system, for any time period and show a current balance. This is available online through registering with the Parent Pay system. You can access this system even if you do not wish to make online payments.
There is a daily ‘spend limit’ programmed into the system of £5. This can be increased or decreased for an individual pupil by making a written request to the school Finance Office.