Two Days of Fun Kitchen
At the beginning of the week we had the pleasure of hosting a 2-day food science cookery event led by the company Fun Kitchen.
Fun kitchen is an award-winning company that teaches students the science behind cookery and healthy eating whilst including practical and traditional cookery skills into their sessions.
During the two days, 240 Year 8 and 9 students have attended the sessions filling N6 with exciting food science.
Our students have:
- set sugar alight to explore its energy content
- denatured proteins by using acids, heat and physical action - making mozzarella
- learnt about the chemical structure of protein based foods
- learned about complex sugars, preservatives and 4 year pld apple pies!
- looked at the elasticity of gluten
- made Butternut Squash Pizza Swirls
- looked into the future by tasting sustainable proteins, eating bugs, crickets and mealworms!
Mrs Wilkinson said,