Are you eligible?
Pupil Premium Parent Information
Are you and your child eligible for extra support?
Bingley Grammar School is currently reviewing the effectiveness of our Pupil Premium spending. Pupil Premium funding is allocated by the Government to:
- Pupils who are eligible for free school meals
- Pupils who have been eligible for free school meals for a 6 week period at any point in the last six years
- Pupils who are Children Looked After (CLA)
- Children of service personnel
- Children whose parents who have beenservice personnel in the past four years
- Children adopted from care under the Adoption and Children Act 2002(The school recognises that this might be a sensitive area and in this case would only encourage parents to apply if it did not disturb the relationship between parents and adopted children)
- Children who have left care under a Special Guardianship or Residence Order
How much is this premium worth?
In the current financial year it amounts to an extra £935 for each qualifying pupil. As you can imagine, this makes a big difference to the facilities and experiences that the school can provide so it is vital that families who qualify apply for the funding so their child can access it.
How do I know if my child qualifies?
Your child may be able to get free school meals and therefore be eligible for extra support if you attain or fall under any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (i.e. they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals as well as qualifying for Pupil Premium.
If you think any of the criteria on the left apply to you please contact
As well as benefits gained through the Pupil Premium, the school can provide a "Necessitous Clothing Allowance" to assist with the cost of school uniform for qualifying families.
Under its charitable remit, the Bingley Grammar School Foundation (see section on school governance) provides additional support in the form of annual grants to qualifying families.