Year 9 Options Information 2022
This information has been produced to help students choose from the option subjects available and give information about the core subjects which will be studied at Key Stage 4.
Full information is given in the presentation below:
Year 9 Options Evening Presentation >>
The Core Curriculum
Studied by all students in accordance with the National Curriculum and will comprise of:
Subject Choices - click the links below for subject specific information
I hope that you will find this information useful and I recommend that you study it carefully, consult with members of staff and as a family discuss your ideas fully. Students should …
- Think about likes and dislikes – you are more likely to do better at subjects you enjoy
- Consider your abilities – it is sensible to take subjects you are good at
- Find out which subjects are essential for any particular career you have in mind and speak to Mrs Durrans, our Careers Co-ordinator, who has a wealth of resources about different careers.
- Do not take a subject just because a friend is – this process is about your future
- Be careful to select a broad and balanced curriculum by following the advice above.
Click here for more advice - Make your choices for the right reasons >>
Click the link below to complete the online Year 9 Options form - please complete by Monday 28th March (please note: this will not be accessible until Friday 18th March at 6pm:
If you have any questions about the options process, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Ashley or Mr Vasey either telephoning the school or by emailing: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org