1. We are happy to accept applications from trainees who have yet to complete their studies and won't obtain a formal qualification until later in the year.
2. If you are successful at interview, you'll be given a conditional offer.
3. In the case of GCSE-level qualifications, we accept equivalency testing. See: www.equivalencytesting.co.uk
4. In the case of candidates with a 3rd class honours degree, you should note that gaining a Master's level qualification uplifts your degree to 2:2 equivalence.
5. For trainees with qualifications not from the United Kingdom, we advise that your qualifications are checked for compatibility by http://ecctis.co.uk/naric
We pay attention to your references. Choose people who know you well and will be able to comment on your skills, knowledge and how they see you as a potential teacher.
All our trainees who are shortlisted for interview will be invited into our school. If you are asked for interview, we will provide more details about tasks you will be asked to complete.
All our interviews have the same elements:
1. A classroom based exercise, where you will be observed interacting with children or young people.
2. Written tasks which are designed to assess your written communication skills; your capacity to access higher level study; and for secondary applicants, subject knowledge.
3. Face to face interview with a panel of School Leaders.
If you are successful at interview stage, you will be made an offer of a training place subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance. For more information, see the guidance on line at;
If you are successful at interview stage, you will be made an offer of a training place subject to us seeing original copies of your qualifications and proof of your identity. We'll ask for these to be brought to interview, so that we can check and copy them.