- Our school day
- Clubs and Societies
- House Competitions
- Our Music Department
- The Library
- Anti-Bullying Ambassadors
- Peer Leaders Council
- Duke of Edinburgh
- NCS (National Citizen Service)
- Work Experience
- Support and Wellbeing
- Subject Support Sessions
- Road Safety
At Bingley Grammar School we have a zero tolerance policy to bullying.
To support our behavioural sanctions and student support team we have a trained team of student Anti-Bullying Ambassadors.
The group of Yr 10 students (now in Year 11) were taken to a training event last year. The course was held in May and led by the Diana Award, which trained them in all aspects of developing their role in school as Anti-Bullying Ambassadors. They were shown practical techniques to raise awareness of the issues, given training on preventing bullying and received guidance on supporting vulnerable students in school.
Here is a list of qualities we look for in our ambassadors. The right candidate to be an Anti-bullying Ambassador will need to:
- Be someone who is passionate about stopping bullying
- Be someone who cares about others and keeps an eye out for their peers/classmates/friends/colleagues.
- Be someone who is friendly and approachable and willing to listen to others problems and provide support to them
- Be willing to show people that bullying is uncool and promote kindness
- Be willing to get involved in anti-bullying events, drop-ins etc