- Our school day
- Clubs and Societies
- House Competitions
- Our Music Department
- The Library
- Anti-Bullying Ambassadors
- Peer Leaders Council
- Duke of Edinburgh
- NCS (National Citizen Service)
- Work Experience
- Support and Wellbeing
- Student Support Sessions
- Road Safety
The Library is open from:-
- 8am to 2:50pm Monday to Friday to all students and members of staff
- 8am to 3:50pm Monday to Thursday To Sixth Form & staff
Please note that the before school opening times and after school extended opening times are at the Librarian's discretion. There may be occasions where these are withdrawn due to exams or other circumstances.
The library is fully staffed throughout the day and your librarian is available to assist you with your borrowing and research needs on an individual basis.
Please contact Mrs Varley by email: email@example.com
Borrowing a Book
You can borrow up to a maximum of three books at a time for up to three weeks. Please write the return date in your planner and return your books either on or before this date. To extend a loan, please ask the Librarian who will renew it for another 3 weeks.
Our new Microlibrarian software is accessible from your mobile phone or tablet [or using Internet Explorer on your PC at home]. The app is free and gives students access the library anytime, anywhere using these devices.
- Search catalogues and reserve books
- Review books
- The 'Who Next' section recommends authors that you might like to read. These recommendations are based on the books you read previously.
- View new arrivals as they are added to the library or returned by other borrowers.
- Scan book barcodes to see if they are available in the library.
To encourage students to get involved in reading and improving their English skills, reading is encouraged through:-
- Structured reading for years 7 and 8 in their English lessons.
- Specialised structured reading support run by Bingley Grammar School's SEN Department for targeted low ability readers, both in lessons and through early morning reading sessions.
- Promotion of genres through termly Library themes run by the Librarian promoting reading for pleasure. Three authors are also highlighted with each theme to give students a taste of what motivates an author to write and a little about them.
Earlybird sessions, breaks and lunchtimes
Activities are run during these times including:
- Board Games
- Word Searches
- Among many others.
The Computer Suite
The computer suite in the library is reserved for Sixth form and staff use. Software available includes:
- Microsoft Office
Printing in the Library
There is a pool printer available in the Library for all your printing, photocopying and scanning needs.